Achieving your fitness goals can be challenging, especially when you have a busy lifestyle and limited access to a gym. Fortunately, a full body workout machine can provide a convenient and effective solution for those looking to improve their fitness and build muscle at home. These machines typically offer a wide range of exercises, targeting all major muscle groups, and can be a great investment for those who are short on space and time.
In this article, we will explore the best full body workout machines and what to look for when shopping for one, as well as the different types of machines available, and the best exercises you can do with them. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned fitness enthusiast, a full body workout machine can help you achieve your goals and take your workouts to the next level.
Our Top Picks
- Best Overall: Body-Solid StrengthTech Home Gym
- Best Low Impact: Bowflex Blaze Home Gym
- Best Weight-Stack: Marcy Full Body Workout Machine
- Best Compact: Total Gym FIT Full Body Workout Machine
- Best Budget: Teeter FitForm Home Gym
What is the Best Full Body Workout Machine
In this section, we’ll take a closer look at some of the best full-body workout machines available, taking into account factors such as versatility, quality of construction, ease of use, and overall value.
Best Overall Full-Body Workout Machine for Home
The Body-Solid StrengthTech EXM2500S Home Gym is a top-of-the-line machine that offers a wide range of exercises to target all major muscle groups. It’s Consumer Magazine’s Best Buy Home Gym, which means that it’s a great value for the price. It comes with a 210lb. Selectorized Iron Weight Stack in 10lb. Plates and is built to last with heavy-duty construction, DuraFirm pads, and a powder coat finish.
One of the best things about this machine is the precision built, biomechanically designed stations. It features a Chest Press, Perfect Pec Station, Leg Extension/Leg Curl, Lat Pull Down, Seated Row, Ab Crunch and many more. This allows you to achieve muscular growth and definition rapidly and efficiently. With the Body-Solid StrengthTech EXM2500S Home Gym, you’ll have everything you need for a full body workout in the comfort of your own home.
Body-Solid Inc. is a leading manufacturer and distributor of high-quality fitness equipment for the home and commercial markets. The company offers a lifetime warranty on everything forever. This means that you can trust the quality of this machine and know that it will last for years to come. The Body-Solid StrengthTech Home Gym is a great investment for those who are serious about their fitness and want a machine that can deliver results.
- Consumer Magazine’s Best Buy Home Gym
- 210lb. Selectorized Iron Weight Stack
- Heavy-duty construction, DuraFirm pads, powder coat finish
- Precision built, biomechanically designed stations
- Lifetime warranty on everything forever
- machine is large and takes up a lot of space
Best Low Impact Full-Body Workout Machine for Home
The Bowflex Blaze Home Gym is the perfect solution for individuals who are looking for an effective full body workout in the comfort of their own home. With over 60 exercises, 210 lbs of Power Rod resistance, and multiple cable and pulley positions, you can customize your workout routine to your specific needs.
The Blaze Home Gym also includes a sliding seat rail that allows you to perform aerobic rowing and leg presses, as well as a lat bar and squat bar. This makes it perfect for anyone, beginner or experienced, to get a great workout. Plus, the Power Rod resistance provides a much more comfortable experience than traditional weights, as there’s less impact on your joints and muscles.
The Blaze Home Gym is also incredibly durable, meaning it will last you a long time. Plus, it’s easy to set up and install, so you can get started on your fitness journey in no time.
With the Bowflex Blaze Home Gym, you can get a full body workout without having to leave your home. The 210 lbs of Power Rod resistance, the sliding seat rail for leg presses and aerobic rowing, and the lat and squat bars make this an ideal home gym for anyone. Plus, the solid construction ensures that you’ll have a reliable piece of equipment for many years to come.
- Offers over 60 exercises for a full body workout
- 210 lbs of Power Rod resistance provides ample resistance for strength training
- Sliding seat rail allows for aerobic rowing and leg press exercises
- Multiple cable/pulley positions enable custom workouts
- Lat bar and squat bar included for added exercise options
- Suitable for beginners
- Less pain than using traditional weights
- Solidly built for durability
- The machine can take up a lot of space
- Some users have reported that the machine can be difficult to adjust
Best Single-Stack Full-Body Workout Machine for Home
When it comes to building a home gym, having a full body workout machine is a must-have. The Marcy Full Body Workout Machine is one of the best options out there. This compact machine is designed to take up minimal space, making it suitable for home use. It offers multiple stations for exercises such as chest press, leg press, and row. This means you can target all major muscle groups with just one machine.
The Marcy Full Body Workout Machine is equipped with a weight stack resistance system, allowing you to adjust the resistance level to your fitness level. This is great for both beginners and experienced athletes. With an adjustable seat and backrest, this machine is designed to fit users of different sizes and body types. This means you’ll be able to perform exercises with proper form and comfort, which is crucial for avoiding injury.
Built with high-quality materials and construction, this machine is built to last. It’s solid and stable during use, so you can focus on your workout without worrying about the machine’s durability. Additionally, it may come with an exercise chart or an assembly manual which can be helpful for some users. Overall, the Marcy Full Body Workout Machine is a great option for those looking for a versatile and compact machine that can provide a full-body workout at home.
- Offers multiple stations for exercises
- Equipped with a weight stack resistance system
- Adjustable seat and backrest
- Durable and solid construction
- Compact design, suitable for home use
- Limited resistance for advanced athletes
- Difficult to adjust
- Noisy during use
Best Compact Bodyweight Full-Body Workout Machine for Home
The Total Gym FIT is the ultimate full body workout machine that brings the versatility of the gym to the privacy of your home. With over 85 exercises to choose from, you can target all major muscle groups in just 10 to 20 minutes. This machine is perfect for those who are short on time but still want to get a great workout.
One of the best things about the Total Gym FIT is the included accessories. You’ll get an AbCrunch, ribbed squat stand, wing attachment, leg pull accessory, exercise wall chart, training deck, and nutritional program. These accessories give you even more options for targeting specific muscle groups and achieving your fitness goals. Additionally, the machine arrives fully assembled and ready to use, and can be folded compactly and quickly for easy storage.
The Total Gym FIT is built to last, with a durable and stable design. It features 12 levels of resistance, allowing you to control the intensity of your workout. With a weight capacity of 450 pounds, this machine can accommodate users of all levels and fitness goals. Whether you’re looking to tone up, lose weight, or build muscle, the Total Gym FIT is the perfect solution for a full body workout in the comfort of your own home.
- Versatile, full-body workout
- 85 exercises to target all major muscle groups
- Includes multiple accessories
- Arrives fully assembled
- Durable and stable with 12 levels of resistance
- Compact and easy to store
- Difficult to adjust
Best Budget Full-Body Workout Machine for Home
The Teeter FitForm Home Gym is a compact and versatile resistance workout machine that offers a wide range of exercises to target all major muscle groups. It’s designed to fit where other home gyms won’t and eliminates the need for multiple equipment such as resistance bands, dumbbells, weight stacks, and kettlebells. With the Teeter FitForm Home Gym, you can easily work out every major muscle group with one versatile resistance trainer.
The Teeter FitForm Home Gym is a great option for those looking for a total body strength and cardio workout. It offers over 100 exercises on one compact machine. Soft-grip handles and adjustable ankle wraps let you switch between upper body and lower body workouts. The swiveling pulleys and a 3-position platform give you total freedom of movement. Additionally, the Teeter FitForm Home Gym comes with a free personal training app that provides trainer-led workout videos, custom workout routines, and an individual exercise library.
The Teeter FitForm Home Gym offers easy-dial resistance up to 65lbs and allows you to adjust resistance in micro-increments, rather than typical 5-pound weight jumps. This allows for steadier progression, enhanced muscle development, and toning. The machine also features concentric resistance tech that provides smooth resistance with full extension and minimal resistance on the return, which is great for greater flexibility in training and less post-workout soreness. Overall, the Teeter FitForm Home Gym is a great option for those looking for a compact and versatile machine that can provide a full-body workout at home.
- Compact, versatile resistance workout
- 100+ exercises, total body strength
- Free personal training app
- Easy-dial resistance up to 65 lbs
- Concentric resistance technology
- Assembly process is difficult and complicated
- Friction issue with some exercises
What to Look for in a Full-Body Workout Machine for Home
When shopping for a full body workout machine for home use, there are several key features to consider:
- Resistance levels: Look for a machine that offers a range of resistance levels, so you can increase the difficulty of your workout as you get stronger.
- Adjustability: A machine that is adjustable to different body types and sizes is crucial for a comfortable workout experience.
- Exercise variety: A machine that allows you to perform a wide range of exercises, targeting all major muscle groups, will provide a more effective full-body workout.
- Durability: A machine that is made with high-quality materials and construction will last longer and provide a more stable workout experience.
- Compactness and portability: Look for a machine that is easy to set up and take down, and that doesn’t take up too much space in your home. If you plan to move the machine around, look for one with wheels and handles that make it easy to transport.
- Safety: Look for a machine that has a stable base or frame and a comfortable seat. You should also check that the machine is adjustable so you can customize the settings to your body size and strength. Additionally, it should have a good range of motion as well as adjustable resistance levels to ensure proper exercise form.
- Suitable for your fitness goals: If you are looking to gain muscle, look for a machine that has a wide variety of weight plates and a pulley system that allows you to increase the resistance. If you are more focused on cardio, look for a machine with a variety of exercises that target the upper and lower body. Additionally, make sure the machine includes a chest press, leg press, and other exercises that can help you reach your fitness goals.
- Additional features: Some machines come with smart features such as built-in workout programs and fitness tracking capabilities that can be helpful for some users.
By keeping these things in mind, you can find a full body workout machine for home that meets your needs and helps you reach your fitness goals. Investing in a high-quality machine can help you get the most out of your workouts and stay healthy and fit.
What are the The Benefits of Full Body Workout Machine for Home
A full body workout machine for home provides a number of advantages that can help you stay fit, healthy, and strong. It can be used to target all of the major muscle groups, helping to improve strength and muscle tone. It also can be used to increase cardiovascular fitness, burn calories, and reduce body fat. Additionally, it can provide a convenient and cost-effective way to exercise and can be used in the privacy and comfort of your own home.
There are several benefits to using a full body workout machine for home:
- Convenience: Having a full body workout machine at home allows you to exercise whenever you want without having to go to a gym or wait for equipment to become available.
- Targets major muscle groups: As studies have shown, by targeting all of these muscle groups, you can improve your overall strength and muscle tone. You can adjust the settings on the machine and thus tailor your workout to your specific needs. This allows you to target specific muscle groups and get the most out of your workouts.
- Variety: A full body workout machine typically offers a wide range of exercises, which can help prevent boredom and improve results.
- Time efficiency: A full body workout machine allows you to perform multiple exercises in a shorter amount of time, which can be beneficial for busy individuals.
- Cost-effective: Buying a full body workout machine for home can be more cost-effective in the long-term than paying for a gym membership.
- Customization: With adjustable resistance levels, a full body workout machine can be customized to your fitness level and goals.
- Privacy: Some people may feel more comfortable working out at home, rather than in a public gym.
- Safety: With a workout machine at home, you can avoid the risk of getting injured using equipment that you are not familiar with.
In short, a full body workout machine for home is a great way to stay fit and healthy. It can help you target all the major muscle groups, improve your cardiovascular fitness, burn calories, and reduce body fat. Additionally, it can provide a convenient and cost-effective way to exercise in the privacy and comfort of your own home.
All-In-One Workout Machine vs. Buying Multiple Machines
When it comes to building a home gym, you may be wondering if an all-in-one workout machine or purchasing multiple machines is the best option for you. An all-in-one machine, such as a Smith machine or a cable machine, can be a great choice for those who want to save space and money. These machines typically offer a wide range of exercises, targeting all major muscle groups, and can be a great investment for those who are short on space.
All-In-One machines are also time saving because you can switch between exercises quickly and easily. Furthermore, they are usually more affordable than buying multiple machines. However, it’s important to note that an all-in-one machine may not have the same level of adjustability as individual machines.
On the other hand, purchasing multiple machines, such as a power rack, a bench press and a leg press, can provide a more versatile workout. This can be especially beneficial for those who are more advanced in their training and have specific goals in mind. Multiple machines give you the ability to focus on specific muscle groups, allowing you to achieve maximum results.
Using multiple but dedicated exercise equipment, can allow for freedom to tailor your workouts to your exact needs and goals. For example, if you want to focus on building strength, you can purchase weights and machines that are designed for strength training. However, it’s important to note that buying multiple machines can be more expensive and take up more space.
It’s important to consider your budget and space when making your decision. If you have limited space and a limited budget, an All-In-One Workout Machine may be a better option for you. However, if you have the space and budget to purchase multiple machines, you may get better results. You should also consider your fitness goals and needs when making your decision.
Which exercise machine is best for all body parts?
There are several exercise machines that can target multiple muscle groups and provide a full-body workout. Some of the most popular options include:
- Cable Machine: A cable machine allows you to perform a wide range of exercises, targeting all major muscle groups, including your chest, back, shoulders, arms, legs and core. It usually has a weight stack and different handles and attachments, allowing you to perform various exercises and change the resistance level.
- Functional Trainer: A functional trainer is similar to a cable machine but often more versatile. It typically has two adjustable pulleys and various attachments, allowing you to perform exercises that mimic functional movements, such as squats, lunges, and rows, which are essential for daily activities.
- Smith Machine: A smith machine is a type of weight machine that allows you to perform various exercises, including squats, bench press, and deadlifts, using a barbell that is fixed to a track. It’s great for targeting multiple muscle groups and is often considered as a good option for compound exercises, which work multiple muscle groups at once.
- All-in-One Machine: An all-in-one machine combines several weight stack machines into one, providing a wide range of exercises targeting multiple muscle groups, it’s a great option if you have limited space and budget.
Ultimately, the best machine for targeting all body parts will depend on your individual needs and goals. It’s important to consider your fitness level, budget and space constraints before making a decision.
Is Full Body Workout Machines Safe?
Full body workout machines can be safe to use when used correctly and with proper technique. However, there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure your safety:
- Read the instructions and learn proper form for each exercise before using the machine.
- Start with a lower weight or resistance level and gradually increase as you become more comfortable and confident with the machine.
- Use proper posture and body mechanics when performing exercises to avoid injury.
- Be aware of your limits and do not push yourself beyond your comfort level.
- If you have any pre-existing medical conditions or injuries, consult with a doctor or physical therapist before using the machine.
- Always use proper safety features such as safety pins, locks and straps provided with the machine.
- Keep the machine clean and well-maintained to ensure smooth and safe operation.
Is a Full Body Workout Machine Really Worth it?
A full body workout machine can be a great investment for those who are looking to improve their fitness and achieve their goals. There are many benefits to owning a full-body workout machine, such as convenience, variety, time-efficiency, and cost-effectiveness. Having a full-body workout machine at home allows you to exercise whenever you want without having to go to a gym or wait for equipment to become available.
What Kinds of Exercises Can You Do With a Full Body Workout Machine?
A full body workout machine typically allows you to perform a wide range of exercises, targeting all major muscle groups. The specific exercises that can be performed on a full body workout machine will depend on the type of machine. Most of the exercises can be done using a weight stack, resistance bands or cables. Here are some common exercises you can do with a full body workout machine:
- Chest press: Targeting the chest muscles.
- Lat pulldown: Targeting the back muscles.
- Shoulder press: Targeting the shoulders.
- Bicep curl: Targeting the bicep muscles.
- Tricep dip: Targeting the tricep muscles.
- Leg press: Targeting the leg muscles.
- Leg curl: Targeting the leg muscles.
- Abdominal crunch: Targeting the abdominal muscles.
- Low back extension: Targeting the low back muscles.
- Cable row : Targeting the back and biceps.
The Body-Solid StrengthTech Home Gym, the Bowflex Blaze Home Gym, and the Marcy Full Body Workout Machine are all great options for a full body workout at home. Each machine offers a wide range of exercises, solid construction, and multiple accessories that allow for a versatile and effective workout.
The Body-Solid StrengthTech Home Gym and the Bowflex Blaze Home Gym are both heavy-duty machines with a 210 lb. Selectorized Iron Weight Stack and precision-built, biomechanically designed stations respectively. Both machines also come with a lifetime warranty, which adds to their value.
The Marcy Full Body Workout Machine is a great value at only $599.00 and offers a comprehensive workout for a full-body workout at home without breaking the bank. Ultimately, the best full body workout machine for your home will depend on your specific needs and preferences.
Looking to upgrade your home gym in 2023? Look no further than our list of the best full body workout machines for your home. Whether you’re looking for an elliptical machine for your home or a more challenging option like stair climbers we’ve got you covered. And if you’re looking for a cardio option, check out our picks for the Best Recumbent Exercise Bike or the Best Smart Exercise Bike. And don’t forget about strength training – the The Best Smart Treadmill and Best Low Impact Exercise Equipment are sure to give you a workout. And for those looking for the latest in smart technology, check out our picks for the Best Smart Home Gym Equipment and Best Rowing Machine. And if you’re looking for something to use while you work, check out the Best Under Desk Treadmills and best under desk elliptical.
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM). American College of Sports Medicine position stand. Progression models in resistance training for healthy adults. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2009;41(3):687-708. Review. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Baechle TR, Earle RW. National Strenght and Conditioning Association. Essentials of strength training and conditioning. 3rd ed. Champaign (IL): Human Kinetics; 2008. [Google Scholar]
- Arazi H, Asadi A. Effects of 8 weeks equal-volume resistance training with different workout frequency on maximal strength, endurance and body composition. Inter J Sports Scien Eng. 2011;5(2):112-8. [Google Scholar]
Last Updated on January 25, 2023